If citizen generated:
- Contact news agencies with case studies of civic journalism and their advantages for the news media and the community.
- Organise focus groups, citizen juries, citizens' committees.
- Advise local media of the opportunity to be involved.
- Keep contact with key journalists to encourage them to treat this as a 'running story' with regular updates for the duration of the campaign or until the issue is resolved.
- Publicise public meetings, focus groups, etcetera to determine what issues are of most concern within the local area.
- Coordinate coverage with other media (print, radio and television).
- Invite politicians to discuss issues with citizen groups on camera.
- Encourage citizens to develop options and publicise these options as an open forum for comment/voting.
- Present solutions to those who have the power to make decisions and report back on their reactions/responses.